POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Parser messages : Re: Parser messages Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parser messages
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 13 May 2011 15:07:31
Message: <4dcd8173@news.povray.org>
On 05/13/2011 03:08 PM, SGeier wrote:
> Low priority and not really a "bug", but there's a couple error/warning
> messages floating around that aren't really useful (and/or possibly
> misleading). I don't think they warrant a bug report, but I'm not sure where
> I would report them so that someone can think about them.
>
> The one that triggered this post (and has been around for a metric
> forever[*]) is this one:
>        Parse Warning: Suspicious expression after rgb.
>
> which I get whenever I do something like this:
>
>       color rgb CHSV2RGB(<n*2,.85,.7>)
>
> Now CHSV2RGB isn't a built-in (it's in colors.inc) - but does that alone
> make it "suspicious"? And of course I use it mostly when I have something
> algorithmic (place a lot of objects in a circle, say, and color them by
> angle). So this error message tends to arise in large quantities, that can
> obscure other (legitimate) warnings.
>

> ([*] a metric forever is about 20% longer than an imperial forever)

from colors.inc:
// Converts a color in HSL color space to a color in RGB color space.
// Input:  < Hue, Saturation, Lightness, Filter, Transmit >
// Output: < Red, Green, Blue, Filter, Transmit >

I'd suspect that since it's output has a transmit value specifying rgb
is the problem ... try:

color rgbft CHSV2RGB(<n*2,.85,.7>)